• Name of Organization: Aquarium on Roanoke Island
• About the Organization: What do you know about coastal creatures or deep-sea digs? What would you like to know? By volunteering at the Aquarium you get the chance to share your knowledge, while learning from education professionals, or you can go behind the scenes and learn from husbandry professionals as you assist them with a wide range of tasks. Whether you’d like to learn more about local wildlife, hone your diving skills, or simply contribute to the community the Aquarium’s volunteer program has something for you!
• Website: http://www.ncaquariums.com/roanoke-island/volunteer
• Description of Volunteer Opportunity: Open Volunteer Positions
Touch Tank Interpreter: Provides interpretive information about the touch tank animals while encouraging proper handling. Provides answers to common beachcombing and marine science questions. These individuals should be outgoing and willing to engage with visitors to the Aquarium.
Weekend Warrior: Works on Saturdays and Sundays at the Touch Tank, for Special Events, and with Discovery Carts. Volunteers should be outgoing, self-starters who are willing to engage with visitors. This is a critical need for the Aquarium and special appreciation is given.
Horticulture Assistant: Assists horticulture staff with various indoor and outdoor activities including watering of exhibit plants, re-potting, landscape maintenance, plant propagation and setting new plants. Assists with special events such as the annual Native Plant Sale.
Special Events: Helps with classes and activities such as fish printing or nautical wreath making. May assist Aquarium visitors at craft tables during special events. May help behind the scenes with administrative tasks and event preparation. All materials and training are provided.
Discovery Cart Volunteer: Discovery carts are hands-on, portable education stations. Volunteers encourage visitors to touch items and ask questions. Volunteers should be outgoing and willing to engage with visitors to the Aquarium.
Dive Show Interpreter: Provides facilitation of the Dive Show in front of the Grave Yard of the Atlantic exhibit. Works with visitors and divers to provide answers to common questions about the exhibit and the animals. These individuals should be outgoing and willing to engage with visitors in a presentation format.
STAR Center Interpreter: Works with visitors in the STAR Center to answer questions and engage visitors with sea turtle information. Volunteers should be interested in sea turtles and willing to engage with visitors while wearing a mike.
STAR Center Caretaker: Works in the STAR Center performing routine care of sea turtles including cleaning tanks and feeding turtles. Volunteers should be interested in sea turtles; all materials and training are provided.
• For more Info Name: Kate Davison
• More info phone number: (252) 475 2335
• More Info email: email@example.com